We hereby inform you that we, Mylan Pharma GmbH, Turmstrasse 24, 6312 Steinhausen, Switzerland, as well as our Swiss Group companies (hereinafter referred to as "Mylan" or "we") collect and process personal data about you that you voluntarily provide to us through our websites/apps, for example.
2. HOW MYLAN COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mylan is likely to collect personal data about you in the following situations:
- You fill out a data collection form;
- You apply for a job in the “Careers at Mylan” section by clicking on a link that takes you to a form on external websites operated by Mylan service providers (such as Taleo);
- You use one of the following email addresses that Mylan has provided for general or specific inquiries (such as inquiry that contains personal data etc.): firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You communicate with Mylan's customer service team;
- You participate in a survey;
- When you visit our websites, the websites collect and store personal data that is automatically generated during use, such as your preferences and anonymous usage data. When you visit the websites, we and our external service providers receive personal data from your browser, for example your IP address, as well as cookies and similar technologies (see separate section below) and record them in our server logs;
- You publish comments or pictures on our social media pages (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.); or
- You sign up for our newsletter
3. WHY WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mylan is likely to collect your personal data for one of the following reasons:
- You have voluntarily provided personal data and have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes (such as you have registered for a newsletter or applied for a job and, in relation to this, have given your consent for us process personal data for the purpose of the application process); or
- The processing of your personal data is necessary to fulfill a contract with you; or
- The processing is necessary to fulfill Mylan's legal obligation; or
- The processing is necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests, for example to identify misuse or to conduct analysis or market research.
4. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Data for identification such as your first and last name, personal contact details such as your email address, photographs provided by you, etc .;
- Personal data related to finances such as information about your bank account, personal data about your credit card, etc.;
- Personal data related to your family such as information about family relationships (children-parents), as is sometimes required for certain apps;
- Your computer’s electronic identification data (such as "cookies" or "IP addresses");
- Information about your click behavior in a newsletter (see the section "Pixel tags in newsletters" below); as well as
- Health information (illnesses, medical treatments performed, Mylan products used, etc.) that you may provide to us via a Mylan app you use.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In general, the personal data you provide us with is used for the following purposes:
- to provide and improve our services;
- to communicate with you;
- to respond to your information requests; and
- to inform you about our new products and services as well as job listings at Mylan.
6. HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mylan will retain your personal data until it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
Mylan generally uses the following data retention periods:
- Data relating to the provision of a service (such as the use of our apps) or an inquiry from you before a service contract is concluded with Mylan will be retained for the entire term of the contract. At the end of the contract, relevant data will be archived in the event of legal disputes for the duration of the statutory limitation period.
- Marketing-related data (including newsletters and data related to general and specific queries you make) will be kept for two years from the date when Mylan last communicated with you. After this period passes, Mylan will contact you again to find out if you would like to continue receiving communications. If you say no or we do not receive a response from you, relevant data will be archived for the duration of the statutory limitation period in the event of legal disputes.
- We store data in connection with a job application process as long as necessary. Mylan will contact you again to find out if you would like to continue receiving communications. If you say no or we do not receive a response from you, relevant data will be archived for the duration of the statutory limitation period in the event of legal disputes.
- In connection with cookies and/or similar technologies used by Mylan, Mylan uses the following retention period for data: one year.
When you visit the websites, Mylan is also likely to collect direct data about cookies, server logs or similar technologies, personal data from your browser (including your IP address and your preferences) as well as anonymous usage statistics.
We may use the personal data that we receive from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to track your entries when filling out online forms, using shopping carts, etc.;
- to identify you after you have logged in;
- to detect abusive authentication;
- to save technical data for the playback of video or audio content;
- for load balancing purposes (meaning to efficiently distribute incoming network traffic);
- to save your individual preferences;
- for third-party cookies from social media plug-ins that are used to share content;
- for cookies from social media plug-ins used for activity tracking;
- to conduct analysis and market research;
- for targeted, behavior-based online advertising; as well as
- to enable third parties to track your activities for behavioral advertising, analytics or market research.
We would like to remind you that you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data using cookies. You can set your browser so that no cookies are installed for this purpose.
All current internet browsers offer the option to change the settings regarding cookies. These settings can usually be found in the "Extras", "Options", "Help" or "Settings" area of your browser.
9. WHO RECEIVES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mylan may share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- Mylan shares your personal data with relevant Mylan subsidiaries and affiliates if they need your data (such as the transfer of job application data between the posting company and the parent company, etc.).
- Mylan may also share your personal data with third parties under the following conditions:
- you have previously consented to the disclosure of personal data (for example, to display advertisements tailored to your preferences on the websites as well as third party websites);
- Mylan must forward the relevant personal data to the service providers working on your behalf, for example to providers of technical services such as maintenance companies and hosting providers or to subcontractors who provide a service at your request (for example if you apply for a job in the "Careers at Mylan" area); or
- A judicial authority or other legally authorized administrative authority requests Mylan to disclose personal data in accordance with applicable law.
10. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
In order to be able to offer its services, Mylan may have to transfer your personal data to countries outside the country in which the data was originally collected.
These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you originally provided this personal data.
Regarding the transfer of personal data from the Mylan company in your country to the Mylan N.V. office in the United States: Mylan Inc. is certified according to the "Privacy Shield" agreement between Switzerland and the EU and the USA, as established by the US Department of Commerce and Switzerland and the European Commission regarding the collection, storage, use, transmission and other processing of personal data transferred from Switzerland or the EEA to the USA. Further information about the Privacy Shield can be found at https://www.privacyshield.gov
We would also like to point out that we may also transfer your personal data to countries that are deemed secure (meaning who offer adequate data protection) in accordance with the list of countries published by the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner or an adequacy determination of the EU Commission.
Regarding the transfer of personal data from the Mylan company in your country to a Mylan business unit or a third party provider in another country: Mylan provides appropriate safeguards for the protection of the data, fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons and the ability of these persons to exercise the corresponding rights.
You have the right to receive information about the information we hold about you.
You have the right to ask us to correct any data we hold that you consider to be incorrect or incomplete
You have the right to demand that we delete or block your personal data if the legal requirements are met.
If the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You also have the right to file a complaint with the following supervisory authority: Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details provided in section 15.
12. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mylan strives as much as possible to protect your personal data against damage, loss, disclosure, misuse, unauthorized access, modification and destruction. We take physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect your data. We only grant access to your personal data to those who need this information in order to be able to provide you with benefits or services. We also train our employees on the issue of data protection.
Mylan does not knowingly collect, store or use personal data from children under the age of 16. The websites/apps or parts of them are also not aimed at children under the age of 16.
If you find that personal data has been collected from a child under 16 years of age via a Mylan website or app without the consent or approval of the child’s guardian, please let us know using one of the contact options provided in section 15 of this document.
14. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT AND PRACTICES
Mylan can make changes to the Privacy Statement at any time. If Mylan chooses to update the Privacy Statement (such as if Mylan intends to use your personal data for purposes other than those specified in the Privacy Statement applicable at the time of data collection), corresponding changes will be published in a revised version of the current Privacy Statement and the revised version goes into effect at the time of publication. Mylan will notify you of such changes by posting them on the Privacy Statement page or by sending you an email or other form of notification.
15. CONTACT INFORMATION/QUESTIONS
8. PIXEL TAGS IN NEWSLETTERS
If you have given us your consent, we can also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) in our newsletters to track the actions of newsletter recipients. In contrast to cookies, which are saved by a website on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device, pixel tags are invisibly embedded in the newsletter. Pixel tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics on the use of the newsletter so that we can manage our content more effectively.